You helped make 2013 a special year for Shenandoah National Park, and we thank you! Your generosity made these initiatives possible:
- Our Changing World, a new interactive module in Byrd Visitor Center where you can learn about Shenandoah’s air quality, our changing climate and what it means for our park.
- Forest Restoration, a multi-year effort to control invasive, non-native plants in high-priority areas and establish native species. You enabled the park to focus on 250 acres this year.
- Shenandoah as a Classroom, which includes the development of various curricula that will be taught by Park Rangers both in the park and in surrounding schools. The topics include climate change and the natural wonders found in our park.
- Pinnacles Research Facility Restoration, which will rehabilitate this original CCC camp structure that is used regularly by researchers and volunteers. You helped repair the foundation–the first phase of this project.
- Internships, which provide invaluable mentoring and training to the next generation of national park leaders.
Thank you for your commitment to our park!