Named for a beloved retired superintendent of Shenandoah National Park, the Robert Jacobsen Employee Development Fund supports park employee participation in leadership and other career-enhancing trainings.
The Jacobsen Grant provided the opportunity for two employees to attend classes in FY 2020.
• Jonathan Mikolin attended GEOG 483: Problem Solving with GIS online course from Penn State University
• Melissa Moses attended Park Medic training in Fresno, CA
Four employees’ classes were canceled due to COVID-19….they will try again in FY2021!
The Jacobsen Grant has provided the opportunity for six employees to attend classes and professional conferences so far in FY 2019.
- Jonathan Mikolin attended ESRI: ArcGIS 2: Essential Workflows online course
- Stephen Paull attended Statistics for Ecology and Conservation
- Brian Noland attended Fishery Biology online course
- Daniel Baker attended Sig Sauer Classic Line Pistol Armorer Certification Course
- Jalyn Cummings attended Interdisciplinary Resource Protection and Law
- Melissa Rudacille attended Interdisciplinary Resource Protection and Law
- Accomplishments/successes: Each of the courses and conferences that our employees have attended has added to their knowledge and skillset. Some of the courses will allow them to do their current jobs better and others will allow them to advance in their future careers.